The YBI Process
YBI is looking for...
- Entrepreneurs and businesses focused on information technology
- Ideas that are innovative and scalable
- Proposals that have commercialization opportunities
- Business plans that have job and significant revenue creation potential
- Entrepreneurs that know what they know - and realize what they don't!
YBI uses a Technology Framework to understand where you are in developing your technology proposal... we welcome inquires regardless of what stage you are in.
Click here to download Technology Framework
If you are ready, follow these steps:
- Complete the Quick Form
- We'll review the Quick Form and get back to you with any questions
- If mutually agreeable, you'll meet with YBI staff to take the "deep dive" to learn more about YBI and if we can help your idea accelerate
- If we're a match, we'll establish a development plan unique to your technology proposal that includes determining your stage of development and level of YBI resources needed
- If you're ready to apply for occupancy at YBI, your next steps will also include submitting an Occupancy Application
- We'll work with you to mobilize the resources to help develop your business and establish performance measures
Portfolio Company Expectations
YBI's mission is to cultivate, accelerate and promote the formation, growth, commercialization and innovation of technology-based businesses. To do so, we provide comprehensive, high quality entrepreneurial services and resources in a robust environment that promotes company success, attraction and retention.
So, what does YBI expect from its Portfolio Companies?
YBI expects that its Portfolio Companies will actively participate in the "Managed Cluster". This community of Portfolio Companies can be integral to your success. YBI encourages all to contribute freely and engage by sharing resources, experiences and knowledge with other Portfolio Companies.
YBI expects that its Portfolio Companies will trust and confide in it, as well as enjoy confidential, mutually respectful relationships. In order to assist Portfolio Companies with development and acceleration strategies, we need to understand what they're doing, how they are doing it and why. YBI expects that all Portfolio Companies will regularly talk with YBI on business, technology and commercialization development, progress, and related matters.
For Portfolio Companies that are physical tenants of YBI properties, we may require additional information such as financial information, business plans and employment information.
YBI knows that each Portfolio Company has an individual development strategy with a unique timeline. We don't set time restraints on our entrepreneurial counseling services or lease arrangements but rather, develop mutually agreed upon benchmarks and performance measures for each Portfolio Company.